Find Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing Recipes
Buy Balsamic Vinegar online from igourmet.com! please visit our online store and go shopping at the number one imported food delivery service in the USA. Our selection includes Balsamic imported from Modena and Reggio Emilia. When searching for Balsamic Vinegar online, look no further than igourmet.com.
|Size: 250 mls||Item: 905|
Villa Manodori balsamicos are produced in very small quantities by Massimo Bottura, chef and owner of Osteria Francescana restaurant in Modena. Villa Manodori Artigianale is crafted from the must of locally grown trebbiano grapes and aged red wine vinegar. It is matured for 10 to 20+ years in small barrels of oak, chestnut and juniper woods, yielding a balsamic of dark rich color, intense aroma and syrupy consistency. It incredibly intensifies the flavors of 22 month Grana Padano and grilled meats, yet is still sweet enough to drizzle over strawberries or ice cream. This exquisite specialty item ships in a beautiful white gift box.
Aceto Balsamico perfectly glazes steak, pork and poultry. Add it to sauce or drizzle it over risotto or sliced Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Toss greens such as arugola and radicchio with Villa Manodori and extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt. For dessert, try fresh berries sprinkled with powdered sugar and Villa Manodori.
2 star anise
4 x 175g/6oz sea trout fillets (taken from 2 x 550g/1¼lb fish)
1 tbsp chopped parsley
For the Sauce:
225g/8oz unpeeled cooked north atlantic prawns
75g/3oz unsalted butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
7g/¼oz dried porcini mushrooms
a pinch of dried chilli flakes
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
600ml/1 pint red wine, such as a chilean cabernet sauvignon
300ml/10fl oz chicken stock
1 star anise
1 tsp beurre manie
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1. For the sauce, peel the prawns and set aside, reserving the shells.
2. Melt 25g/1oz of the butter in a medium-sized pan, add the prawn shells, onion, carrot, celery, dried porcini and chilli flakes and fry, stirring now and then, until all the vegetables are lightly browned.
3. Cut the rest of the butter into small pieces and chill. Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan, cook for a few seconds and then add the red wine, chicken stock, star anise and a small pinch of salt. Leave to simmer rapidly until reduced to about 175ml/6lfoz. Remove from the heat.
4. For the sea trout, preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas6. Melt the butter in a small pan with the star anise and leave in a warm place for 5 minutes, until the butter is lightly infused with the star anise.
5. Brush the cut face of each sea trout fillet with some of the melted butter, season with a little salt and then fold them in half, skin-side outwards. Place them in a shallow oven-to-table dish and brush with the remaining melted butter. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Strain the wine and stock reduction through a fine sieve into a clean pan. Uncover the trout and carefully pour the juices from the dish into the same pan. Sprinkle the peeled prawns over the sea trout, cover and keep in a warm place. Bring the pan containing the wine and stock reduction and the trout cooking juices back to the boil and reduce to about 100ml/3½fl oz stirring in the beurre manie at the same time.
7. Whisk the pieces of chilled unsalted butter into the sauce a few at a time, until it has emulsified. Add the lemon juice and adjust the seasoning to taste. Uncover the fish and prawns and pour the sauce over. Scatter with the chopped parsley and serve. Mashed potatoes are a nice accompaniment to this dish.
|Serving Size no info
Servings Per Container
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories||Calories from Fat 0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
INGREDIENTS: Concentrated grape must, wine vinegar
All information contained within, including nutrient content information, ingredient lists, and information relating to medical and health conditions is for informational purposes only and not provided as medical advice. igourmet does not assume any liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products. You should carefully read all information provided by the manufacturers of the products or in the actual product packaging and labels, including for food allergen and contact information, nutrient content, qualified health claims, and disclaimers regarding food suppliment structure and function claims, before using or consuming a product.