Meet our Mailmen.™
The WIFI enabled Mailmen™ are a new breed of smart toys that connect wirelessly with your home WIFI network to receive messages sent anytime, from anywhere in the world.
Toymail is for kids, and kids at heart.
Toymail is a fun way to send mail to little ones, and participate in their play no matter where you are in the world. The app, just as fun to use as the toys, can apply filters to make your voice sound funny.
- Grandma, now you can use Toymail to sing your lil' pudding cup to sleep every night from the comfort of your new condo in Nuevo Vallarta.
- Mom, stop telling your son to brush his teeth. Get our toys to do the dirty work for you (our raccoon has a way of getting bicuspids clean).
- You are a 9-year-old girl, and you are in love. No better way to convey that than by having the Mailmen tell your boo how much he smells like onions.
- Dad, we understand you are knuckle-deep in fantasy football. Send wildly funny messages to your kids' Mailmen to keep them at bay until your team is fully assembled.
Our favorite part.
Little kids can't pick up a phone and call you. But with Toymail, children can reply to you directly from their Mailmen. So this is not just any talking toy, but one that can carry on a two-way conversation.
One more thing.
To further ensure that the toys never run out of things to say, the Toymail Company offers the Daily Toymailer, a message sent to everyone's Mailmen each morning. This might be a song, a little known fact, or an inspiring quote. Don't worry about running out of material or time. We will make sure the Mailmen greet your child by name and keep your toys talking every single day.
How it works.
Our Mailmen™ have WIFI built in. Setting up your toy so that it can send and receive Toymail is as easy as downloading the Toymail app onto your phone. All software updates are wirelessly transmitted to your Mailmen. You'll connect your toys to your home WIFI network within minutes. From there you'll send out invites to friends and family (or they will invite you!) so that everyone you want can get connected to yours or your kid's toys.
Mailmen check for new messages every seven minutes or so. Children will never miss a message. When there's a new one waiting, the Mailmen will alert the child a few times and the child will press play. The child will also be prompted to reply after each message, and can respond any number of times to the last sender.
The Toymail App.
Our app is a free download (available from the app store when our product ships). Each Toymail message sent or received costs one virtual stamp. You'll get 10 free stamps every month. When you need more, you can buy books of 50 stamps for only $.99.
What is Toymail Company all about?
We started with a simple question: "Can toys be made to evolve every day?” We realized that with user created content, we could do just that. We believe there's a better way to design technology for kids, and that's by making toys social. Toymail is:
- Physical – Most apps isolate kids. Ours does the opposite. We're putting technology into a toy, rather than putting kids in front of another screen.
- Simple – Little kids can't pick up a phone and call you easily. But send a message to them, and they can reply with a press of a button.
- Social - Parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends can all stay connected to kids they love, through play.
- Evolving - With user created content, our toys change every single day. Our toys grow up as children do. Each Mailmen's character will become a composite of all the important people in a child's life.
Who thought this up?
Toymail was created by Gauri Nanda, the entrepreneur from MIT who designed Clocky®, the alarm clock that runs away, and her best friend, Audry Hill, a mother of three.
Gauri created Clocky. Hear her talk about Toymail.
We performed detailed analysis of all of the character's parts to ensure they were strong enough for child safety standards.
Toymail features and specs.
- Send audio message to kids' toys, the Mailmen™
- Option to apply filters to your voice
- Receive replies from your kids, sent directly from their toys
- Play with your kids anytime, from anywhere in the world
- Store all of your incoming and outgoing messages
- Daily Toymailer service guarantees Mailmen get new messages every day
- Each Toymail message sent or received costs one virtual stamp. You get ten free stamps with your download. Additional stamps can be purchased in stamp books.
- Five Toymail characters (and many more on paper that we'd like to bring to life!)
- Built-in WIFI that connects Mailmen to your home WIFI network in minutes
- Mailmen check for messages every several minutes
- Mailmen alert you of new messages with whines, whinnies, growls, and snorts
- Kids can reply to the last sender any number of times directly from their toy
- These replies are stored in your Toymail app account
- Mailmen are always on between the hours of 6 a.m. and 9 p.m., ready to receive new messages
- Dimensions: 3.26"x 3.38" x 4.6"
- Weight: .385 (without batteries installed)
- Material: Child safe ABS and PVC plastic
- Ages: 3+ Battery: 4 AA not included
- Battery life: Runs for a year with normal daily use
- Patent Pending
- Works with iPhone 4, 4S running iOS 5 or any iPod Touch with iOS 5, 6, and 7, and iPad. Our Android app will be available in 2014.