Every person has their own “why,” their own dream or goal that makes quitting smoking worth the challenge. Whatever your reason, NicoDerm CQ can help give you what you need—products, support, and a community committed to helping you quit.
Nicotine patches, like NicoDerm CQ, are one form of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT). Patches look like adhesive bandages and stick onto the skin in the same way, even the sticky part contains a layer of nicotine. While you wear the patch, nicotine passes through the skin into your blood, delivering a steady stream of theraputic nicotine, and helps reduce cravings while quitting smoking.
NicoDerm CQ features Extended Release SmartControl®Technology, which ensures that nicotine won’t be delivered all at once, or run out too soon. When the patch is applied, nicotine is released immediately, followed by a steady flow that lasts all day long. The result? A unique patch that helps prevent the urge to smoke. When worn for 24 hours, NicoDerm CQ has even been shown to help prevent morning cravings when you first wake up.
- Follow directions: If you are under 18 years of age, pregnant, or nursing, ask a doctor before use. For all users, make sure to read the User’s Guide for complete directions and other information
- Clean up after use: Wash your hands after applying or removing the patch. Throw it away by folding the sticky ends together and replace in its pouch and discard. See User’s Guide for complete safety and handling
- Know what works for you: You may wear the patch for 16 or 24 hours. If you crave cigarettes when you wake up, wear the patch for 24 hours. If you have vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances, you may remove the patch at bedtime and apply a new one in the morning
- Don’t: Wear more than one patch at a time or cut the patch in half or into smaller pieces
- Stop using the patch: It is important to complete the full program. But when done, stop using the patch (this will be 10 weeks after starting Step 1, or 8 weeks after starting Step 2). If you feel you need to continue using the patch to keep from smoking, talk to your healthcare provider
- Read the product label for complete directions for use
NRTs can help reduce your cravings and withdrawal symptoms while you adjust to life as a non-smoker. They work by delivering lower levels of therapeutic nicotine without the 7,000 chemicals found in tobacco smoke.
*Based on sales data.
- People who use an NRT to help quit smoking can double their chances of success versus placebo
- Millions of smokers around the world have used NRT products to help them in their quit attempt*
- NRT products (patch and gum) have even been included on the World Health Organization’s list of essential medicines
- NRT's also have a well-established safety profile
NicoDerm® CQ® Nicotine Patch
Ideal if you:
• Prefer once-a-day application
• Want a low-maintenance solution
• Want a clear, thin, discreet patch
• Need the flexibility of 24-hour or 16-hour use
• Prefer not to take an oral medication
Ideal if you:
• Want an effective method of nicotine replacement
• Would like to control your intake of nicotine
• Prefer to give your mouth the relief of chewing
• Enjoy the option to use an extra piece of gum within the hour for strong or frequent cravings
Ideal if you:
• Want to control your nicotine intake
• Prefer not to or cannot chew gum
• Want a practically unnoticeable aid
• Want a convenient way to help control cravings