Can I use LUMIFY eye drops with my contacts?
LUMIFY can be used with contacts, but be sure to take them out before putting LUMIFY in your eyes. Wait 10 minutes before putting your contacts back in after use of LUMIFY.
Can I use it with other eye drops?
Yes, but you’ll want to wait at least 5 minutes between products.
Do I need a prescription?
No. LUMIFY is available over the counter, without a prescription. Find it in the eye care aisle at most major retailers.
How do LUMIFY eye drops work differently?
- LUMIFY significantly reduces redness to help your eyes look whiter and brighter. LUMIFY is FDA approved and is the first and only over the counter eye drop to contain the active ingredient brimonidine tartrate (0.025%).
- LUMIFY works differently than other redness relievers by selectively targeting redness and in clinical trials was safe and effective when used as directed.
What makes my eyes red?
Occasional eye redness is a common condition that can be caused by inflammation of almost any part of the eye. Common causes include environmental allergens, excessive use of digital devices, lack of sleep, or having dry eyes.
Who is Bausch + Lomb?
Bausch + Lomb is a leading global eye health organization that is solely focused on protecting, enhancing and restoring people’s eyesight. Its core businesses include over-the-counter supplements, eye care products, ophthalmic pharmaceuticals, contact lenses, lens care products, ophthalmic surgical devices and instruments.
What is Brimonidine Tartrate (0.025%)?
Brimonidine is NOT a bleach or a dye. Low dose brimonidine selectively constricts the veins in the eye as opposed to arteries thereby providing effective redness relief with low incidence of side effects associated with other redness relievers when used as directed.
Are there side effects?
In clinical trials, a small number of people reported itching, foreign body sensation, tearing and pain which were temporary and mild to moderate in severity. We ask that you report any concerns with Bausch + Lomb Products via phone at 800-553-5340
How long will they last?
In clinical trials, one drop lasted up to 8 hours.
What does it mean to be FDA Approved?
LUMIFY has been authorized for distribution by the FDA after review of our clinical trial program, in which six clinical studies were conducted to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of LUMIFY (brimonidine tartrate, 0.025%) in relieving ocular redness.
How long will a bottle last?
How long the bottle lasts will depend on how frequently you use it. Once eye drops have been opened, they risk being contaminated with the normal bacteria that live on your eyelids. Therefore, it is recommended that you throw away any opened bottles of eye drops after 3 months, even if the expiration date is later. You also should never share eye drops - eye infections can be spread this way.
How often can I use LUMIFY?
You can use LUMIFY up to 4x per day. As with other OTC redness relievers, you should stop use and ask a doctor if you experience eye pain, changes in vision, redness or irritation that worsens or lasts more than 72 hours (3 days).
Who are LUMIFY eye drops for?
LUMIFY is for anyone over age 5 experiencing eye redness due to minor irritations. If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a healthcare professional before use.
How do I use LUMIFY?
For adults and children 5 years of age and over:
- Instill 1 drop in each affected eye every 6-8 hours. Do not use more than 4x/day.
- To avoid contamination, do not touch tip of container to any surface and replace cap after each use.
- Contact wearers should remove lenses before use and wait at least 10 minutes after use before re-inserting your lenses.
- If you're using any other eye drops, wait at least 5 minutes between each product use.
- Replace cap after each use.
For children under 5, consult your doctor.